homestead - [Homestead] Skinning chilis

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Skinning chilis
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:23:43 -0400

I've got some poblanos that I want to stuff, bake and freeze for later. Don't I need to skin them, and if so, do I recall that this can be done directly on the flat burners of an electric stove? If so, if anyone has cooked peppers to skin directly on the stovetop, I'd like to hear about your experience. Tips? Directions?

Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA