homestead - Re: [Homestead] Skinning chilis

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Skinning chilis
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:01:18 -0400

I have no clue as to what a hatch chili might be, but I do think I have
a rotisserie basket somewhere...(as well as one of those silly
composting units<g>) Luv ya Sage. :)

Sage Austin | Eureka! Design wrote:
I let them cool completely, as some of the final roasting happens in the bag. If they are small the cooking sheet will help. Texas gets a lot of hatch chilies from New Mexico this time of year and some of the grocery stores roast them for you over a flame in this basket they can crank around like those silly composting units. So you probably could do them over an outdoor grill as well.

--Sage

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed