homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:15:19 EDT

> >The 800.00 hammer and 1200.00 toilet seats should
> translate nicely to the world of medical billing.

A lot of those tales of $800 hammers and $1200 toilet seats was the defense
department's way of accounting for the money they were sepnding on secret
programs that "didn't exist". The "hammer" was really a navagational
instrument and the "toilet seat" was really an engine part.

We miss the point when we decry the government's involvement in medicine.
The govenment is already involved in this country more than in most.
Government regulations keep costs so high unless you are wealthy enough or
qualify
for one of the government programs you are just left to die as an example
to anyone who complains about the system.

Wanting to keep the status quo for fear of yet more government involvement
is like not wanting the fireman to axe down the door to rescue you from your
burning house. After all, the fire is doing enough damage as it is, the
axe would only do still more damage ..... right?

James