homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:00:14 EDT

I would have to agree, we do have problems to solve but we need a
system that addresses our unique needs and can stll stay on budget. I have
never seen
money savings result from the government being placed in charge of
anything.
If we think the 10.00 aspirin is a disgrace, wait until the real
professionals
get ahold of health care. The 800.00 hammer and 1200.00 toilet seats should
translate nicely to the world of medical billing.

Drew

In a message dated 8/26/2009 8:25:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net writes:

Fred Enga wrote:

> By T.R. Reid
> Sunday, August 23, 2009
>
> As Americans search for the cure to what ails our health-care system,
we've
> overlooked an invaluable source of ideas and solutions: the rest of the
> world.

On this list, we all know that what works for you may not work for me,
because of different circumstances, climates, financial situations, etc.
I think it would be fallacious to model our system after some other
country because we have issues that they may or may not have, illegal
immigration issues, for example. Our country is unique in the world,
and I think it will require a unique solution. I know the answer is out
there, if politics would get out of the way.
I believe that less government is better than more, and the plans on the
table increase everything. The issue is really larger than finding a
solution, it is about determining how much you want the government to
control you. I just don't it's a good direction for us, but I don't
have the answers.

Bev

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed