homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: "Gil" <gil.white AT xplornet.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 19:56:49 -0400

I guess it predates the Shiny one?

In our case the toll highway was built with private funds but under a public
overseer. I've heard a lot of complaints about the stretch of highway (
Highway #407 if anyone cares) but poor maintenance isn't one of them.
Usually the opposite - drivers cursing because a few lanes are closed on
weekends for road work.

I'm also not sure if the private company is afraid they'll lose their
license or else they want to extend their approach to other highways.

All I can say is that it was built in record time and it's not all that
heavily travelled as many people like me are willing to sit in traffic on
the adjacent roads to avoid paying the tolls.

Gil