homestead - Re: [Homestead] Birthers

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Birthers
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:29:47 -0800

Most states, well, all states since we now have a national ID, require a birth certificate to get a driver's license or state ID card, passport, Social Security number and so forth and so on..

For employment you have to fill out an I-9 and one of the pieces of ID, List C (Employment Eligibility) is "Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the U.S. bearing an official seal"

The I-9 is required for *any* employment in the U.S., INCLUDING the presidency!

So, the ol' birth certificate is not so obsolete.

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT mail2.pvco.net>

I don't understand any of the discussion about birth certificates. I
have worked for the federal government, a state government, public
and private education, and several private businesses, and have been
a student in both public and private universities. The only times in
my life that I have been asked for my birth certificate was when I
registered for the draft and when I applied for a passport. And, if
I did not have one and would have volunteered for the Army, they
would have taken me, anyway. In most areas of life, the birth
certificate is an inconsequential, and in many cases, a nonexistent
piece of paper. Because of this, I have a suspicion, no proof, mind
you, that most of the talk about Obama's birth certificate is highly
partisan and malicious in intent. No one asked for Bush or Clinton's
birth certificates. We took it on faith that they were born where
they said they were born.

It is time to drop the nonsense about Obama's birth certificate and
deal with the monumental real issues that are facing us.

Jerry Shepperd