homestead - Re: [Homestead] Birthers

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Birthers
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:24:23 -0400

Rob, that is the most reasonable, most sound argument/position I've heard. It makes a lot of sense. I wish everyone looked at politics the way you have outlined here, looking at the big picture so to speak.
Thanks.

Bev

Robert Walton wrote:

Obama is an excellent politician. Presidents usually are.

You are always going to have people who oppose you in politics. Comes with
the territory. So, having the people that oppose you appear to be making
personal attacks rather than policy based attacks may be the right way to
go. It lessons the credibility of the opponents and further strengthens your
supporters.

Can you imagine if the story was that some anti-Obama groups were pushing
health care legislation that was simpler, cheaper and more likely to work
that what he is proposing?

Much better to have your opponents be seen as either running around chasing
some crazy, half baked notion or trying to separate themselves from those
who do than actually coming together and developing policies that people
support.

Way I see it, the Republicans are playing right into his hand.

People wanted us to believe that Clinton was immoral and cheated on his wife
when he got caught red handed. Hell, his supporters thought that about him
when they voted him in; all the rumors were out there. They still liked him
when their thoughts were proven true. Then they tried to catch him in a lie.
Like we don't know that ALL politicians lie.

George Bush let the people that when crazy over him "not being elected" run
around crying foul for almost two terms. In the meantime, he got busy making
policy the way he saw fit. If the Democrats had stood up to him and offered
a better plan, he'd have not been able to accomplish what he did.

--
"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/