homestead - Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 23:35:28 -0400

Like others here, I think our numbers are low, too. It feels like 1 in 5, not 1 in 10.
I read an article yesterday about the homeless resorting to camping. Campgrounds across the country are filling up, not with vacationers, but with the homeless, they are living in tents. It's pretty ingenious, I think. I'm thinking of actually splitting some pine and selling it in old feedsacks or something. This winter, if families with kids are homeless in campgrounds, perhaps I will give it away.

Robert Walton wrote:
My criteria isn't Wall Street. All Wall Street is is Vegas in suits. My
criteria is watching the unemployment numbers. I'd like to challenge them
to use the same methodology they used in the 70s, 80s and 90s to determine
the unemployment rate! Of course, they won't. They like the Bush method.
The voters would be in a real rage if they knew the unemployment rate was
tottering on 20%!

I agree on the unemployment numbers, but is there a web site or something
that can explain the difference in the measure?

If we are tottering on 20%, that is a near Great Depression number.

Rob - Va