homestead - Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 06:43:07 -0800

No, because where the money is mainly going is to projects that were already up and running. It has kept people working, maybe. No one can tell if those projects would have gone away or not. It is NOT creating new jobs.

For example, the main thrust seems to be infrastructure. Those are union jobs. AND, they aren't *new* jobs. There are some road projects that got some money out here. Same faces on the highway that were on the highway before the "stimulous" money.

What they don't routinely put in the news cause the majority of the news are Teflon cheerleaders is that a BIG chunk of that money has never gone anywhere! The strings that are attached make it about impossible for small towns, etc. to get any of the money. The SBA is screaming blue bloody murder and still can't get them to cut loose with any money to "stimulate" small businesses.

My criteria isn't Wall Street. All Wall Street is is Vegas in suits. My criteria is watching the unemployment numbers. I'd like to challenge them to use the same methodology they used in the 70s, 80s and 90s to determine the unemployment rate! Of course, they won't. They like the Bush method. The voters would be in a real rage if they knew the unemployment rate was tottering on 20%!

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

I generally don't get involved in polical discussions...I vote for whom I
think are the best candiates (regardless of party), and write lots of emails
to Obama with my opinions. Beyond that, I don't think there is much a
citizen can do.

I wonder, though...Biden is saying that the 'recovery' is working. I don't
see it here. We still have no jobs,;stores and factories closed; houses not
selling, so people can't even leave to find a job (many families have one
person living/working far away just to keep afloat). Of course, this area
has been in a recession for years, but it's only gotten worse in the past
year. Is the economy improving anywhere?

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA