homestead - Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:00:58 -0400

> >I'm interested in knowing what those who were Pro-Obama are
> thinking these days. They say his numbers are dropping and the
> honeymoon may be over. The simple fact that the media is even
> discussing the 'end of the honeymoon' is amazing to me. It has only
> been 6 months, and yet many of his supporters are already disillusioned.
> It had to happen as so many saw the Messiah instead of a President.
> Since you are in IL, I'm sure your media outlets are more friendly to
> the President and his administration. Do you think his support base is
> still rock solid?

I was listening to the Rush Limbaugh show last week and some guy was in for
him. He was going on about how Obama's approval rating is headed down. He
said that maybe some of his supporters have gotten their heads straight.

I don't think that is the case. While I'm sure a lot of people are jumping
off the Obama bandwagon, a lot of his supporters are not happy with him
because he seems to be taking a moderate stance. He's watered down a lot of
the rhetoric from the election.

Probably a lot of people that jumped on the bandwagon because of his
popularity are jumping off and a lot of the very left leaning supporters are
let down and not happy with his performance.

I'm not so sure that there is anyone in Washington that has any common
sense. I have no idea if this link has accurate data, but if it is, I'd say
Congress is in for some changes:
http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

Rob - Va