homestead - Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:00:30 -0800

Ya know, the whole Sarah Palin thing was the final straw for me. I've questioned the sanity and intellect level of the average sheople for years. I no longer question either their sanity or their intellect. I am now convinced that they are all insane and have no higher an IQ than a truckload of rutabagas!

And I think most Dems hate her because she scares the beejeebers out of them! McNasty's campaign was going down the John E. It would have been beyond embarassing as far as votes are concerned. He picks Palin and suddenly his campaign is rejuvenated. The whole Republican Party was a like a bunch of old fuddy duddies sitting around the old folks home snoring. Palin was like someone replaced their Ensure with Redbull!

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

Good. I'll be anxious to read them. I live in an Anti-Obama area, and
for balance, I'm interested in knowing what those who were Pro-Obama are
thinking these days. They say his numbers are dropping and the
honeymoon may be over. The simple fact that the media is even
discussing the 'end of the honeymoon' is amazing to me. It has only
been 6 months, and yet many of his supporters are already disillusioned.
It had to happen as so many saw the Messiah instead of a President.
Since you are in IL, I'm sure your media outlets are more friendly to
the President and his administration. Do you think his support base is
still rock solid?

I think we all realize that this list of homesteaders and homesteader
wannabes is not really about homesteading, it is about community as much
as anything. It would be great if everyone talked about their homestead
plans, projects, and doings, but they don't. Generally, only about 15
of us post at all, and I know that many have jumped ship, looking for
more substance than opinion. That is fine, too. Personally, I'm about
there myself. I can blog elsewhere and not have what I say pop up in a
Google search. Being in the minority here, sometimes it is hard for me
to not take things to heart when things get nasty. Sometimes I get very
upset and my feelings get hurt by the things that are said by those I
like or respect. However, in the end, I try to look at it as personal
growth.

To be honest, I kind of feel like you all know me pretty well after 15+
years on the list. I think I know some of you, too. There's a lot of
familial love on the list, and as long as we can avoid saying hurtful
things to each other(which is hard because we know each other so well
that we know which buttons to push), I think it is good to discuss
things. I try to read a variety of viewpoints, as I am sure you all
do as well, and I know the media will spin their stories one way or the
other by region or location based on demographics, so I think we must
all be aware of the role the media plays in these discussions. We are
all tainted, to a degree. I know many of you hate Sarah Palin, for
example, but I live in a region of the country where she is wildly
popular. If you look at the info pages of my Facebook friends, you will
see a huge number of Palin supporters. It is interesting to me that
the Dems, who are supposedly open minded and very liberal, want to sling
mud at the families of Republicans.....Mary Cheney, Bristol Palin, etc.
and the mud just stirs up talk of homophobia and pre-marital sex and
contraception, all issues that find more tolerance in their own party.
I just don't get why they throw stones at family members, something that
used to be off limits.
Anyway, back on June 1, right after Sotomayor entered the public eye, I
wrote a blog entry about my feeling and thoughts. It's rather long, but
if anyone cares what I think on the matter, here's the link:

http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/2009/06/sotomayor-strike-one-for-president.html

"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA