homestead - Re: [Homestead] Summer happenings

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Summer happenings
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:38:55 -0700 (PDT)

I sure wish my corn was doing as well as yours !!

I didn't think I was even going to get any ears the corn is so short.  But I
do have ears on most plants.....  I going to guess that some ears are too
close to the ground and won't develop right,,,, but then a few weeks ago I
didn't think I'd have any ears after I saw your post on how tall your corn
is/was.

I was just out checking the pumpkins.  I can't believe how fast that stuff
grows.  I have to pick up runners and train them to grow in certain
directions since I seriously misjudged how far they will spread out.

They really need to make veggie gardening classes a requirement in all public
and private schools...........