homestead - Re: [Homestead] Summer happenings

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Summer happenings
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 21:15:32 -0800

I got carried away with the berries <g> and didn't notice the rest of the questions. I plant lots of Sugar Snaps. I keep adding more and more because everyone keeps eating them. I usually do a row of shellling peas also. The peas for Chinese stir fry didn't do so well this year. The rains did beat them into the ground.

We use the lemon cukes in salads (green or ???). I like the lemons because it is a rare lemon that is woody or bitter. The skins are not thick or bitter. They taste like a cucumber only better. <g> I'm not very good at describing flavors. :(

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

What kind of peas are you growing?

Lemon cukes..I've seen the seeds...describe the taste and how you use them.