homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling fight in NC
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:49:09 -0800

Well, replying to my own post again <g> Here's the court documents on this case http://www.newsobserver.com/content/media/2009/3/17/courtorder.pdf

For those on landline internet service, the short and sweet of it is that the grandparents of the children (both husband and wife's parents) gave sworn testimony that the church is cult and that they are worried about the children. The the wife has changed. There were several witnesses that were former members of the church that testified to "boot camp practices where children as young as 4 are waken in the middle of the night and made to do push-ups" and that the leader of the church had made sexually explicit comments about very young female children and that physical abuse was the rule not the exception.

Lynda