homestead - Re: [Homestead] curcubits

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] curcubits
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:07:29 -0400

I just found a little cache of squash seeds that I forgot I had...they've been stored airtight in a cool, dark place for 2 or 3 years, so they should be OK. Added to the ones I bought for this year, I have over 20 different varieties of winter squash (what can I say, I like winter squash). Many are 'maxima'. That doesn't include the 10 varieties of melons, cucumber, and summer squash (I also found packs of 12 different tomato varieties..some packs only have 3 or 4 seeds left). Even if I plant a full acre, I don't have enough room to separate the squash very far from one another. I'll have to hand pollinate and bag them to save seed.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>