homestead - Re: [Homestead] Broccoli varieties

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Broccoli varieties
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:50:27 -0500

Lisa,

I think I remember last year. I ended up planting about when you did
and had a miserable crop also. Partly, this was due to June being
really dry here. I got almost no harvest. I needed to plant a month
earlier, but the garden was so wet, I could not get in to plant. You
might be a little later than me, but not much. I need to have the
broccoli in the ground by mid March to the end of March. My broccoli
should be done by mid June. Same for cabbage.

I'm planting seeds here in a week or so. I've not tried fall planting,
but this year would have been great for that, cause the rains came in
good. I still have turnips and greens.

Rob - Va