homestead - Re: [Homestead] Broccoli varieties

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Broccoli varieties
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:34:41 -0500

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I remember last year. I ended up planting about when you did
> and had a miserable crop also. I need to have the
> broccoli in the ground by mid March to the end of March.
> I'm planting seeds here in a week or so.

I heard from a friend/neighbor last night:

we start broc and caul in early march and transplant in april.

Looks like I have a few weeks yet. I thought I'd need to start by 2/14 to
transplant 4/15. I aim to have a better crop this year. ;) I saw this
person's garden last year, they have an amazing garden and had outstanding,
market quality brassica.

lkvp