homestead - Re: [Homestead] Broccoli varieties

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Broccoli varieties
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:47:47 -0500

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Rob, Lisa, aren't we all in Zone 7?

I think we are. Our last frost here is usually around the 20th of
April. Stuff like cabbage and broccoli can go in as early as March 15,
but usually March 30 is better. There are usually some hard freezes in
March. I figure if I have the seeds started in a couple of weeks, the
slips will be ready at about the right time. I'll probably go 2nd,
cause Lisa is up in the mountains.

Rob - Va