homestead - Re: [Homestead] Broccoli varieties

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Broccoli varieties
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:52:19 -0500

EarthNSky wrote:
This year:
Broccoli: Early Dividend and Pakman
Cauliflower: Early Snowball and some unknown variety I can't recall
Bok choy(Pak Choi): Joi Choi Hybrid

As you can see, I'm using some hybrids, but I am open for suggestions on
varieties that might work well here. I really need varieties that
mature quickly because we can see 90F in May.

In preparation for Wednesday, I pulled out the seeds tonight and made final decisions..

Broccoli DeCicco and Packman and Early Dividend
Cauliflower: Snow Crown Hybrid and Early Snowball
Chinese Cabbage: Michihili
Boy choi: Joi Choi Hybrid
Brussel Sprouts: Long Island Yes, I am a glutton for punishment.

This will be my 7th time on Brussel sprouts. Maybe 7 is the magic number-supposed to be lucky.

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge