homestead - Re: [Homestead] Car problem

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Car problem
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:23:53 -0500

I'm not real mechanical, but when something won't start and I want to
see if power is getting to the starter here is what I do:

Find the starter. There will be two wires going to it and connecting
somehow. A clip, bolt.

Turn on the key to power it.

Take a screw driver with a plastic or rubber handle and touch it
between the two electrical connections to see if you get spark.

At least this tells you if the starter is getting current.

Rob - Va