homestead - Re: [Homestead] (private email) Car problem

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] (private email) Car problem
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 20:10:57 -0800 (PST)

Private email

Lynn, I just arrived back from out of state business and don't know if your
car is fixed. I am not mechanically inclined, but I have had the 'exact '
same symptoms to occur, more than once, on more than one vehicle. Whoever
suggested taking it out of park and returning it to park is suggesting what
has worked for me ,every time these symptoms have occurred

You responded that you couldn't move the shifter. You should be able to turn
the key, turn the wheel, and move the shifter. It might be worth trying
again. I have had to 'force' the shifter before -- well, really, it is more
that I was rocking the steering wheel hard and pulling the shifter
simultaneously.

There is not a reason for your steering wheel and your gear shirter to remain
locked once the key is engaged. Try rocking the steering wheel harder and
pulling the gear shifter at the same time. It could just be the way you cut
your wheels when you parked.

If this doesn't work, it cost nothing and you didn't have to climb underneath
the car or even open the hood. Good luck ....bob