homestead - Re: [Homestead] Coyotes

  • From: "Frank Fries" <frank.fries AT imagewireless.ca>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Coyotes
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:28:21 -0600

Actually was quite interested in the description of the Borzoi...googled them..

Sounds like they would keep coyotes thinned down in the immediate vicinity (which is all I want - they have their place keeping mice, gophers, etc in check) but as my spouse suggested, they likely would not stop there.

I have one neighbor who is quite close and they have a blue heeler cross that is basically well behaved and comes quite close to our house with her cows (but on the opposite side of the fence).....Wouldn't make for good neighbors if I had a dog that killed their dog ... even though they would like the thin the coyote idea....Neil and Shannon have lost a few chickens and at least 1 calf to coyotes...