homestead - Re: [Homestead] Coyotes

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Coyotes
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:18:22 -0600

You may have more coyotes than we do in central Illinos, but we have
plenty. People with goats and sheep generally have livestock guard
dogs. I have two standard donkeys in with my goats, but I couldn't
keep chickens until I rplaced the two komondorok I had. I now have two
Anatolians. The female is super with chickens; the male pup, now
probably more than 130 lbs, not so much. He has no trouble with
coyotes though.

Marie