homestead - [Homestead] Cell phone privacy, fugidaboudit

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Cell phone privacy, fugidaboudit
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:22:10 -0700

I was perusing some Gallup poll info and found this at the end of one of their pieces:
"Interviews are conducted with respondents on land-line telephones (for respondents with a land-line telephone) and cellular phones (for respondents who are cell-phone only)."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113734/FactChecking-President-Bushs-Final-Press-Conference.aspx

Which startled me because of our recent exchange about the Snopes exposure regarding misinformation about cell phone numbers becoming available on a national list.

Well, it turns out that cell phone numbers are already available. Those who want them just have to pay a small sum. For some disconcerting reading, go here:

http://www.intelius.com/people-search-phone.html

If your nerves are steady, type in your cell phone number and hit Search.

They have mine.

The Intelius site also answers questions like, how can strangers get my social security number.

Gene GeRue
www.RURALIZE.com