homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cell phone privacy, fugidaboudit

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cell phone privacy, fugidaboudit
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:57:00 EST

> >If your nerves are steady, type in your cell phone number and hit
> Search.
>
> >They have mine.

Gene, did the site identify you by name?

I tried it and it comes back identifying the state and county, but that's a
no brainer since the area code and prefix would identify that. Then there is
the button that if you sign up and pay the a fee, they would tell you my
name,
average income, home value, etc.

I most earnestly doubt it. I'm betting that if you paid to subscribe to the
information, you'd get "Sorry, but we don't have infor for that particular
number ...."

This site does not have access to a directory from the phone providers,
rather like a lot of other 'find the person' sites and such, it gleans and
compiles
info from all and sundry sources but does not have access to any
comprehensive database, which I suspect does not exist.

James