homestead - Re: [Homestead] Demotorization

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Demotorization
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 22:50:57 -0500

Lynn, unless they've closed since I left, there are three car rental places
near Mansfield. Of course, that's still not very close to you... We used
Matthews Motors in Covington when we needed to make a long trip. Our poc
cars were not trustworthy on long trips, especially in winter. Brrr.

I rode the streetcar and city buses in New Orleans, but that was 20 years
ago. I rode the Greyhound then, too, back and forth between Memphis and
NO. Don't think I'd do that now--Greyhound passengers around these parts
are a little too sketchy, as my kids would say.

Cathy