homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 23:09:35 -0600

Bob--Yes, I believe the fact that everyone of our customers knows us, and has seen our chickens running happily in the creekside when they come to buy allows us to charge a fair price. They are extremely happy with the quality of our eggs and say the taste is the main reason they buy from us.--Sage

bobf wrote:
Sage, I am curious. Do you get that price simply because they are "organic"
eggs, or is it part that, and part that people know how you treat and handle your
animals.

The reason I ask, is that I have bought "organic" in the market. I don't
trust the label, they don't taste any different, so I don't pay the premium. I use to
pay extra for an old man that let his chickens free range in his back yard, but lost
touch with him.

I really don't trust those 'organic' labels in the market.