homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tomato question

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tomato question
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 17:32:12 -0600

Bob, I just made mine into green tomato chutney.--Sage

bobf wrote:
Bev, if you are still online this am (or somewone else that has a minute); a
few nights ago. it was cold enough to kill most of one of my two tomato
patches. Most of most of the bushes are dead. But, they are filled with
green tomatoes. Should I leave them on the dead bushes to ripen as long as
possible. Will they ripen on the windowsill if I pick them green? I could
make fried green tomatoes out of the bigger one , but I have bushes full of
green cherry tomatoes, aslo. I' would prefer for them all to ripen, if there
is a way