homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:21:45 -0500

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

Yes. It was the worst pain I've experienced short of childbirth (I didn't have meds-- though I wanted them--when it was 10 cm dilated and it was time to push out my sons). Come to think of it, it might have been worse. ;) I apparently have a high tolerance for pain. Maybe that's good for something, maybe not.

Well, I had an epidural, and childbirth was still painful, but I'd say
it was close. At least this was short in duration though, lasting only 3
or 4 hours.

My infection came about from not drinking enough water and drinking too much coffee and also perhaps consuming too much sugar.

They said mine was MRSA related. I had no clue, no forewarning, one
hour I was in here at the computer, feeling kind of tired and headachey,
and the next I had a fever spike, pain, etc. Never had any kind of
burning or pain on urination or anything like that, still don't, and
today there is less blood-urine more orange than red. In fact, the
kidney infection was found almost as an afterthought as I had to go to
the bathroom at the ER and it was bloody. BUT, you know that very day,
I had my first coke in over a month...I wonder...probably not..

You have to be careful
with cranberry juice, buy 100% juice that is not sweetened with high
fructose corn syrup. If you start to read labels, hfcs is everywhere
it seems and it is not good for you.

I'm a label reader, and I don't buy the cocktails, only real juice, no
HFCS. You know, too, that blueberries are almost as good as cranberries
for this purpose. There is another berry, name escapes me, that is also
good for UTI's.

Since that time, I can get a UTI simply by not going to the bathroom
promptly, drinking too much coffee or eating too much sugar. I have to watch my diet.

My adoptive mother gets uti's like that. I've just never had one.

If I want to have a glass of wine, then I skip dessert. Alcohol
plays into it.

The first question I get asked when people look at my liver is "do you
drink?" It pisses me off, because I don't, well, maybe once or twice a
year, if that. I told the lady at the ER yesterday that my liver damage
was from methotrexate and if she wanted to go back and look at my
medical records, she would find that documented. Thank god I am not a
sugar freak...I crave salt though, not the greatest thing for kidneys..

The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men
asked a woman for directions and followed them, allowing them to arrive
at their destination.