homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fitness

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fitness
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:06:33 -0500

This is where the "both sides of a joint" comes in. Some work is a very
repetitive movement that emphasizes only a limited set of muscles. This needs
to be corrected by exercises that will work other muscles, and especially
those that counter the muscles already being exercised by the work being done.

In my opinion, the best exercise for overall fitness, working all muscle
groups, and cardio-vascular improvement is swimming.? Swimming, not floating.
There is a difference... <g>

Also, IMHO, he best overall upper body exercise is?called a Bar-Dip. This
works, to some degree, at least, all of the upper body muscle groups. Form is
important, however, for it to be most effective, and a slow rate of speed, as
I mentioned earlier.

The best overall lower body exercise, is the squat, or perhaps the lunge.
However, far too many people do not do these correctly, or use too much
weight. Form has to be impeccable to avoid possible injury, as well as
avoiding too much weight.

Ray