homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fitness

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fitness
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:01:36 -0500

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:
--- On Mon, 12/15/08, rayzentz AT aim.com <rayzentz AT aim.com> wrote:

I agree with James, though. In most cases, good hard labor will create fitness and muscle growth. However, most of us don't do enough of that.

Ray

Homestead work may have enough variety to keep this from happening, but I've known some who did physical work that exercised some muscles
more than others, and that could create a problem? Is there a case for exercising to make sure that all muscles are included? Van Dell

This has been one of my main concerns. I know, that working around
here, that I don't get the cardio that I do from biking. In fairness,
I'm not out swinging a scythe either. I do swing a slingblade when I
take out the high grass in the road ditch, but that's not the same. I
also know that I have a tendency to do things one way..for example, if I
bend over to pick up something, I might brace with the same foot and
reach with the same hand. It is so automatic that I just don't think of
alternating. Generally, I carry left armed/left shoulder, and use my
right hand to open doors or load/unload. I think that is why my left
bicep always hurts, that and perhaps it just bothers me from where I
broke my arm a few years ago. I know I should swap arms, but it just
doesn't feel right, and the last time I brought in wood on my right arm,
I dropped a log on my toe...

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda