homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who attacked whom? (was: It's almost over)

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who attacked whom? (was: It's almost over)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 01:03:47 EST

All true, Drew.

As it is also true that we told Sadaam Hussein we were going to
invade. How many Iraqis have we slaughtered? How many Americans have
we sacrificed? By your standards, and I agree with them, we, too, are
criminals. I am still waiting for judgement.

Atonement was the wrong word. I would rather say we have much to learn.

I do also prefer the word learn over atonement. Countries as people are at
their most
dangerous when they think they have nothing left to learn from their
mistakes.

yes, in both cases we gave if - then scenerios and followed through. If you
don't pull your invading forces out of Kuwait we will come in, and if you
don't allow the weapons inspectors you agreed to host back into Iraq we will
come
in. He made his choice in both instances. That is to myself a primary
difference here. He also was violating UN directives in both instances
supported by
the member nations of the UN. To equate actions sanctioned by a world
governing body with the murder of tens of thousands of innocent people going
work in the WTC, a glorified office building still does not make sense.

We attacked a standing army after declaring and although as in all war, some
innocents were killed, they were never the target. The terrorists target
civilians, daycare centers, hospitals trains, buses etc, looking for
defenseless
targets. People who can't shoot back. The ultimate in cowardice. This
difference in ideologies is why we have such a tough time understanding them
and
they have a tough time understanding us.

Drew

In a message dated 12/4/2008 4:25:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,