homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who attacked whom? (was: It's almost over)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who attacked whom? (was: It's almost over)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 22:42:52 -0800

Drew, you have fallen into the track of "who writes the history."

There weren't 10s of thousands killed in the WTC.

Second, the UN inspectors said there weren't any WMDs.

And, by what right do we have to tell other countries what to do. Seems to me that the U.S. uses terrorist tactics on a routine basis.

I find it amazing how soon folks forget that the U.S. put Sadam in power. The U.S. told him to go ahead and do the majority of things he did against other countries. There are plenty of pictures of ol' Rummy shaking his hand and inspecting the troops in Iraq while they are dropping bombs on Iran.

Sadam was great as long as he didn't offend someone by building a hotel with a certain someone's face on the floor to be walked on. He did our dirty work in the Middle East and kept the reins in on Iran.

And I'm still amazed at how many people jump back and forth from bin Laden to Sadam as though they were somehow related.

*Some* innocents? Gee, shades of "acceptable collateral damages." Kinda sounds like Israel. Oops, we killed a young American, we didn't see her. Oops, we shot up a journalist. Oops, we bombed a school.

And can someone please explain to me why we, the U.S., supposedly one of the best of everything countries in the world, hasn't managed to fix the electrical in Iraq even though we've supposedly been trying for how many years now and how many BILLIONS of dollars? Took us a few minutes to blow the hell out of it but in YEARS we can't fix it. Oh well, why am I surprised. Look at NOLA.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>