homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:22:58 -0500

The North invaded the South during "The War Between The States". But both sides participated in the war. Germany did not attack the U.S. at WWII, rather, the U.S. attacked Germany; but both sides participated.

And, the victors always write the 'history'.........................

So? Does that mean that nobody ever aggresses and starts wars on people who don't want war? Once someone is attacked, they are at war, whether they wanted it or not.

Am I not writing English? I don't seem to be able to make my point that there are people, cultures, religions, etc. that DON'T start conflicts with others. Bev and others have implied, or outright said that it's "just the way human are" to aggress against others and take what they want. I'm saying that as long as there are people who DON'T do that, it can't be a universal "human" trait...it is perhaps a trait in a subset of humans, but not all. If violence and aggression were universal human traits, wouldn't ALL people be brawl and stealing?

Lynn Wigglesworth