homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:42:13 -0800 (PST)

--- On Thu, 12/4/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> Am I not writing English?

***** L'anglais , n'est pas? :-)

I don't seem to be able to make my point that there are people, cultures,
religions, etc. that DON'T start conflicts with others. Bev and others have
implied, or outright said that it's "just the way human are" to aggress
against others and take what they want.

***** Then say, religions, groups, small sub-sets of ..... Because, humans,
as a species, as bev said, do fight and war, as do our closest relative, the
other primates.
When Susan says she is a Pacifist, that is her philosophy, based, probably,
upon her theology. If it were her biology, her brothers, uncles , sons,
would not all have been warriors.

I'm saying that as long as there are people who DON'T do that, it
> can't be a universal "human" trait...it is perhaps a trait in a subset
> of humans, but not all. If violence and aggression were universal human
> traits, wouldn't ALL people be brawl and stealing?

****** No, not all people have adult physical relationships or even
procreate, either, but it is still our primary biological imperative.