homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken farm pollution

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken farm pollution
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:14:23 -0800 (PST)

You are right , Robert. When I go to Market, I go to the stores (ususally
the same one(s) with the best reputation, the cleanest stores, etc. But,
when I buy a frozen chicken, whether Tyson, or Sanderson, I have no idea how
it has been treated or fed. How could I know?

I have a question kind of concerning this subject. I always buy "USDA Chice,
Grade A " steaks, usually they also say "aged". A while back I was at market
and the butcher was marking down some steaks that sell date was the next day.
He told me " this is a hell of a deal on these steaks".

They were porter houses, "USDA Choice, Grase A , Aged". I bought a bunch of
them, the price was fantastic. Now, I have cooked those steaks occasionally,
over over two months now; we had a couple last night.

They are the best tasting damn steaks I think I have ever bought at market.
They are as good as at Ruth Chris or Morton's. I have bought plenty of
steaks over the years also marked with the same grading, etc.

Why were these steaks so much more flavorful, so much tastier, even the 'fat
' of the steaks was fantastic. Normally steaks graded like I said do taste
fine, but not fantastic. How do I buy fantastic tasting steaks in the future
, from market?