homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:21:13 -0800 (PST)

If no ones care about my data, why do they not provide me a way to opt out?

I don't know if you have ever had to give a deposition, had subpoenas of your
records. I am one of many people who have gone through this before, and have
reason to believe it will happen again.

Maybe you will be lucky, and it will never happen to you. With the data
being collected they can subpoena your d*mn life. Everything is recorded.
If 'they' don't care about my data, why do they then harvest and record my
data for perpetuity?

You don't have to care about this issue to make it a real issue, Marie. Most
people don't care. Most people also don't care how their food is processed
or how radioactive waste is stored. They don't want to worry about it or
have to think about it. This is an issue about which I do
care..............bobford