homestead - Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:53:12 -0500

James, when you start talking Deepak Chpopra and Ayurvedic thinking you venture into areas beyond by beliefs, not to say mine are correct; I just don't believe in such things . I guess maybe results are proof, who knows. Lots of people think Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker cured them ; maybe they were cured, and Baker and Swaggart were incidental to the process; I don't know.

The 'placebo effect' has been well proven, and I think that is a small example of the mind-body connection. You believe it (medicine, or Jimmy Swaggart) is working, so it does. I absolutely believe the mind-body connection exists, but so few people (me included) know how to tap into it. It doesn't lend itself to Western thinking since it can't be measured...there could be other, equally plausable reasons why a person gets better. Sometimes you just have to believe that there are things at work that we can't explain and maybe aren't even aware of, but nevertheless exist.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA