homestead - Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 11:41:52 -0600

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:04 AM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> Articles and 'studies' are not the whole of truth. In fact in most
> discussions like this one, studies are not so much used to ferret out the
> thruth of the
> matter as they are used as sabot tossed into a world of possibilities that
> one does not want to consider. Discussion is obfuscated by the almost
> rhetorical, "Where's the double blind peer reviewed study ...."

The article was interesting. I'll have to hunt the study up and read
it before I make up my mind about it. The rest is all anecdote --
which is not to say that sometimes there is truth in anecdote -- and
Deepak Chopra has used his stories to sell books and make a tidy
living for himself. Obviously, when you (that would be the generic
'you', not just James) want to believe something, you'll fit your
experience to support it.

Marie

PS: I don't have a problem believing your black string experiment with
the crows -- you seem to have run it many times over the years and
gotten the same results.