homestead - Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:05:30 -0500

You lost me Van Dell. Are you saying that you pour your biscuits into a
skillet, like you would cornbread, and then slice it afterwards?

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

I think that is the best way to learn. My mother made biscuits like
James described but I now use an olive oil recipe. Easy to make, I
find the recipe makes just enough to fill a 12" cast iron skillet.
Rather than take the time to cut them round, I cut into squares with
a chefs knife. I make them large because I like to split them
immediatly after coming out of the oven and buttering them, large
biscuits takes less time. Van Dell

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13