homestead - Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:09:31 -0800 (PST)

-- On Wed, 11/26/08, Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess I'll just have to bake a buncha buncha biscuits
> and try to figure it
> out.
>
> Cathy

I think that is the best way to learn. My mother made biscuits like James
described but I now use an olive oil recipe. Easy to make, I find the recipe
makes just enough to fill a 12" cast iron skillet. Rather than take the time
to cut them round, I cut into squares with a chefs knife. I make them large
because I like to split them immediatly after coming out of the oven and
buttering them, large biscuits takes less time.
Van Dell