homestead - Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:53:50 -0500

Real buttermilk (the liquid that comes off of butter) is thin, like whey. The culture, locust bean and seaweed thicken it. I've made cultured butter, but the 'culturing' didn't carry through to the buttermilk. I assume that you have to culture the buttermilk with 'buttermilk culture (there's a culture for everything), or let it sit and culture itself, and add thickeners to make it like store-bought..

Lynn Wigglesworth

----- Original Message ----- From: <eureka AT hctc.net>