homestead - Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits

  • From: "Fred Enga" <fenga AT astechman.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:06:15 -0800

When I was a kid back in Norway, we used to get our milk, raw of course,
from the neighbour each evening in a closed pail. Any milk that was left at
milking time the next day was placed in a shallow dish and covered with a
cloth (no, we didn't have refrigeration). By morning it had formed into a
type of yoghurt (or more probably known as curds and whey) and that was our
breakfast. My mother would score the curd into pie sections and we would
serve our selves from 'our sector' (and steal some of the next sector if we
could. We ate this with a sprinkle of sugar, and it is much better than any
yoghurt that you can buy today.........I miss raw milk........

Cheers

Fred Enga