homestead - Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:43:35 -0500

This is the kind of knowledge I seek. Yeast breads I understand. Other
leavening breads are kind of a mystery to me. My mother never cooked
many biscuits, but my grandmother's were always very flat and good like
what you describe. My aunt had big, fluffy, biscuits. I'd rather have
fluffy than flakey. I'm just not sure what produces what.

Bev

Cathy wrote:
Important! This above is the first key to good biscuits. The
second is
keep all the ingredients COLD until the bisucits go into the
oven.

James

I make good biscuits, well, good enough. I make what my grandmother
called (with derision) truckstop biscuits. I'd like to know how she
made her thinny thin biscuits. And, yes, there was more of a
difference than simply thin versions of my biscuits. For one thing,
they were yummy tasty at room temperature hours and hours after
baking.

Anyone familiar with the intricacies of thin biscuits?

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13