homestead - Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:30:44 -0500

> > Important! This above is the first key to good biscuits. The second is
> > keep all the ingredients COLD until the bisucits go into the oven.
> >
> > James

I make good biscuits, well, good enough. I make what my grandmother called
(with derision) truckstop biscuits. I'd like to know how she made her
thinny thin biscuits. And, yes, there was more of a difference than simply
thin versions of my biscuits. For one thing, they were yummy tasty at room
temperature hours and hours after baking.

Anyone familiar with the intricacies of thin biscuits?

Cathy