homestead - Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:59:48 -0600

All this talk about buscuits, so I just made some for lunch! We are running seriously low on dry goods and my husband is off early from school and is on his way to the big city store for me. My buscuits are never that good because we don't use shortening or lard, just oil. I was just reading the buttermilk label and it looks like there's all kinds of additives (!) that look to be thickening agents. Whole Foods probably sells the real thing for a fortune, but I can't make that trek often.

Of course, I have no idea how real buttermilk is made...presumably its some kind of liquid that's poured off in the churning of butter? Or is it just soured milk?

--Sage
Way Out in Texas