homestead - Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wooden bowls for biscuits
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:27:47 -0600

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Cathy wrote:
>> Soured. If you've got raw milk, it'll clabber at room temp pretty quickly.
>>
>> Cathy
>
> If only we could buy raw milk.

I had a Jersey cow once. I would set her milk out after milking, with
or without adding some cultured buttermilk. It produced wonderful
clabbered milk or cultured buttermilk respectively. The cream, of
course, rose to the top; I used that in place of sour cream. I've been
indifferent to commercial sour cream since. Oh my, that was good
stuff.

Marie