homestead - Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiablenon-cashsmartcardsfortransporta...

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiablenon-cashsmartcardsfortransporta...
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:29:26 -0500

> Lynn-

Does the price of these cull dairy calves vary from year to year? We got
our draft animals as bottle babies for nothing when farmers were taking them
out back and hitting them with a rock, since taking them to Dewart for
auction would cost far more than their sale price, if they would sell at
all. The next year, no one would sell us a calf at any reasonable
price--big, big bucks at auction. I was out of the loop, and never knew
what to expect.

Cathy