homestead - Re: [Homestead] Heinlein, was SE PA going

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Heinlein, was SE PA going
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:19:03 -0500

Bev; you described my life. I belong to a lot of groups, but they are the kind where you keep in touch by newsletters and email. The one local (state) group has a great convention, but I haven't been able to go for years (kids were too young to leave alone overnight).

Every few months I think that I need to get out and meet people. I join the garden club, or photography club, go to a couple meetings, and am bored silly. Almost everyone I meet is married and has to rush home to the hubby and kids. Any activities with them involves dragging the kids and their husband along. I joined a county planning group; it was interesting, but very professional and I only saw the people during the meetings. I tried dating a couple times, and that was even more disappointing. My life is boring, but I don't mind, either. I don't often get lonely, and have plenty to keep me busy.

There are a couple of women around the county who are kindred spirits with me, but they are always so busy that we can't get together very often. My neighbors are either rich retirees or work 60-hour weeks in an office and are never home; they hire people to do their yardwork, so they aren't the types I could be a 'homestead community' with. It wasn't like that when I moved here.

Lynn Wigglesworth