homestead - Re: [Homestead] Snow peas and other stuff

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Snow peas and other stuff
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:56:09 -0800

Bev, btdt with the spider bites. I use a glycerin pack. The glycerin will, literally, draw out the poison. It also reduces pain. Soon as I find any type of bite (extremely allergic!!!!), I put a pack on and change it every 12 hours. Within a couple of days I have a nasty looking pack because it has opened up the bite and the "guck" is drawn out.

It's an old "Gramma said" remedy that the whole family has been using since before when. Used it on cysts. Used it on redwood splinters and believe me, you do NOT want to get a redwood splinter!

I've also used the glycerin pack on DH when he got a bone bruice on the bottom of his foot and it caused a sort of ingrown corn/callus type thing (cone shaped) and it softened it up and drew it out enough to remove it.

Great stuff!